I believe the art of storytelling is slowly becoming obsolete in our fast paced society, where most of us, including me, only share photos and check-in to places on social media to show our travels. While this provides tiny glimpses into faraway places, it does not actually describe the experience of travelling – all of us can take the same photo in the same exact place, but our journeys will always be unique.
Here you will find a collection of my travel stories, which deserve to be told in full. I invite you to take a moment, relive some of them with me and get inspired to travel:
Tales of human kindness
- The “don’t judge a book by its cover” experience in Borjomi
- How I didn’t spend a single penny in a day at Windermere
- An impromptu road trip to the Blue mountains
Behind the photo
Mixed travel stories
- How I ended up in Australia
- Windswept Kiruna
- A schnitty rideshare experience in Australia
- The asinine expedition to Štvanice (a Prague island)
- My Finnish candy haul
- The Finnish-Slovenian token exchange
- How to do laundry in Sweden
Before visiting a country or a particular place I always do my research and try to learn a bit about it – travelling is all about learning and expanding our horizons, after all. So, I’ve decided to compile the interesting facts from each country or region in a series of posts that I’ve named Travel Trivia. Get ready to learn something new!
This part of my blog features my non-travel and less photo-heavy posts, which showcase what makes me, me. Here you’ll find a bit of everything: engineering and historical musings, random thoughts and opinions, as well as books, art, food, geek stuff and other things. I am after all, erratic, in both my interests and sometimes my temper.
History and folklore
- The ancestry of faeries
- The silly Slovenian tradition of Pust (the Carnival)
- Swedish Midsommar celebration