This part of my blog features my non-travel and less photo-heavy posts, which showcase what makes me, me. Here you’ll find a bit of everything: engineering and historical musings, random thoughts, projects and opinions, as well as books, art, food, geek stuff, travel trivia and other things. I am after all, erratic, in both my interests and sometimes my temper.
“In the years afterward, I fled whenever somebody began to understand me. That has subsided. But one thing remained: I don’t want anybody to understand me completely. I want to go through life unknown. The blindness of others is my safety and my freedom.” P. Mercier (from the Night train to Lisbon, probably my favourite book)
“Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” O. Welles
- Pure fish delight at the Žeja inn (fancy food restaurant review)
- Pumpkin day (Halloween inspired)
- Swedish culinary evenings
- History through the stomach – pt. 1 (a historical food series)
- Teden restavracij (restaurant week) (fancy food week)
Find all other posts dealing with food here.
“ ‘The Answer to the Great Question… Of Life, the Universe and Everything… Is… Forty-two’, said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.” D. Adams
- Stories from the Dragon lands (DF 2019 pt. 2)
- About Dungeons and Dragons (D&D pt. 1)
- Some of my D&D characters (D&D pt. 2)
- A bit about LARP
Find all other posts dealing with geek stuff here.
Before visiting a country or a particular place I always do my research and try to learn a bit about it – travelling is all about learning and expanding our horizons, after all. So, I’ve decided to compile the interesting facts from each country or region in a series of posts that I’ve named Travel Trivia. Get ready to learn something new!
“People who deny the existence of dragons are often eaten by dragons. From within.” U. K. Le Guin
- The ancestry of faeries
- The silly Slovenian tradition of Pust (the Carnival)
- Swedish Midsommar celebration
“We are our choices.” J.P. Sartre
- What coming back home after living abroad really feels like
- International women’s day: an opinion
- Nomadic thoughts (guest post by Mohamed Yousri)
Find all other posts tagged as deep thoughts here.