Besides me, there are also other awesome people on the Internet that deserve recognition for their work, so welcome to my Friends’ corner (not sponsored). Go check them out! 🙂
- Cowboys from space – Matt collects personal stories about art, music and travel. He has a knack for getting people to open up and will help you write your story if you want to share it. He’s also an interesting person to talk to and the one who inspired me to create this Friends corner.
- Brother’s campfire – Ben is writing an on-going medieval fantasy story set in the land of La Longi. Although his story is currently on pause, he is still sharing interesting updates from his life in the U.S. and actually featured a me-inspired character in one of his episodes. Of course she’s a cheese thief (see here)!
- The Haps with Herb – Herb (who is in fact Ben’s father) writes a daily blog with interesting musings, thoughts, life updates and stories. He’s also one of my most loyal supporters, because he actually comments on almost every post, which I appreciate a lot!
- Speckles of Time – My friend Stella’s eclectic and honest poetry blog. Come see!
- Crazy Slovenian Travelers – Nina and Urban are super friendly and write about their couple travels to amazing places. Their blog is in Slovenian, but you can always use Google translate.
- Miša piše – A Slovenian living in Saudi Arabia and documenting her life through heartfelt letters in both Slovenian and English. She was also a guest on my podcast and you can find her stray cat TNR efforts at Cat Corner Stories on Instagram.
- Ms Clumsy With Style – Darja’s blog about the good and not so good life with multiple sclerosis. She’s a very interesting person and you can connect with her also on Instagram in Slovenian or English.
- Dr Jam Travels – A travel blogger with lots of travel experience, who writes in Slovenian, English and Bosnian.
- My Valiant Soul – Devika is a wonderful surrealist poet from India who was also a guest on my podcast. She publishes her works on her blog, Instagram and also has a full book out called Crimson Skins.
- Be-lavie – Bejal’s sustainable lifestyle blog with lots of inspiring eco-friendly tips and UK and international travel articles.
Artists, content creators and small businesses
- Zurbag Approved – My boyfriend’s Etsy handcrafts shop. Matic mostly works with wood and leather and sells historical board games, magic wands, LARP props and accessories. He also does beautiful custom stuff and obviously I’m a huge fan of his creations, because I get the best gifts!
- Art Maniushka – Two of my geek master friends also have an Etsy shop. Manca and Urša sell gorgeous LARP and geek items: from fancy bottles, leather pouches and potion bottles, to jewellery, key chains and miniatures.
- Jernejc leather & stuff – Jernej makes epic leather gear of all sorts, for LARP/geek purposes and your everyday needs.
- Madam Bizarre – Another friend, another Etsy shop! Urša sells gorgeous tribal/oriental-inspired jewellery, costumes and dancing accessories. She’s also a talented cosplayer and the driving force behind the Glam Squad Burlesque dancing group.
- P&R Languages – Two of my friends co-run a language school and I promise you, they’re really good!
- Po tujem potujem – Katarina is a Slovenian teacher of Chinese language who organises interesting trips and theme events related to Asian culture. She also works in promotion and travel and business consulting.
- Nyradir – My friend Samo’s art page. He mainly draws epic fantasy figures, is open for commissions and occasionally draws a graphic or two for my blog too.
- Green Rat – Tia makes dark and fluffy art in her own unique style and I think it’s awesome.
- Peter Gaber – An academic Slovenian painter/illustrator friend who’s super good at Frisbee and go.
- Ana Dujmović – Ana is the graphical designer friend who created the logo for my blog.
- Mythical creaturologist – Imi is an artist on a mission to draw every single mythological beast out there! She’s doing one every day and her drawings are absolutely amazing.
- Ajda Vodlan – A Slovenian writer and columnist who has a real way with words and a passion for building a better world.
- Matt Hsu’s Obscure Orchestra – Matt is a really cool Australian one man band, my favourite couchsurfing host and a social activist. His first music album was published as a shirt, because he’s cool like that.
- Clay Elej – Anja makes absolutely gorgeous ceramic pottery and I wish I could buy everything!
- Ana Travel – My friend Ana’s travel YouTube channel. She’s just starting out, but her videos are superb!
- Lifestyle but not by Naya Lou – Naya is a pretty epic Greek lady with a beautiful voice and an interesting YouTube channel. Her Instagram is also worth a visit!
- No smoothies please! – Anja creates amazing vegan, gluten free recipes for just about every dish out there on Instagram.
- One and a half vegan – Timi and Donatas have a really informative, guilt-free sustainability podcast with simple tips for a more sustainable lifestyle. Donatas also does stand up comedy and Timi started a sustainable vegan travel Instagram account.
- (Blebe)Tanja – Tanja writes about books on Instagram and is an unapologetic romance and fantasy reader with a sharp mind. She’s also working on translating book related vocabulary into Slovenian through her community.
- Hana Nekrep art – Hana creates amazing fantasy art and the cutest Kurents out there.
- Nina Vidmar studio – Nina is a talented Slovenian photographer and an overall nice person. I love her style and the fact that she doesn’t overedit her photos. See my post about my boudoir photo shoot with her.
- Na meji nevidnega (NMN) – The Slovenian answer to Comic Con, which is getting bigger and better every year! See my post here.
- LARP Slovenija (Belesija) – Our medieval fanatasy LARP (live action roleplay) group from Slovenia.
- Besedoveznice – My embroidery art project on Instagram.
Technically not friends, but really cool
- Humanitarček – My favourite Slovenian humanitarian society, primarily focused on old people in need, but also the homeless and kids. They care too much and their projects and the stories behind them are heartbreaking, so if you ever want to donate to a random Slovenian society, these are the people who truly deserve it.
- Joshua Wright, the man behind Slackwyrm – I love his lazy dragon comic so much, I feel like we’re friends. Unless he disagrees, this statement holds.
- Cecilia Blomdahl – A Swedish content creator who lives on Svalbard, an island close to the North Pole. I love watching her gorgeous videos + she has the best dog ever.
- Nour & the merchant – An Italian slow fashion sustainable clothes designer with gorgeous fantasy inspired collections.