Introducing THE ERRATIC HAT podcast – a new fit for your thoughts.
Here’s the next update about my upcoming podcast: it now has a name! As promised I’m posting a series of videos about my “starting a podcast” journey and the people who are helping me with it, so this next one features Eva, my best friend and creative director. She helped me brainstorm for a good name and a slogan, because unfortunately The Erratic podcast already exists and Erratic Engineeress podcast sounds too long and too clunky. You can check out our antics and weird ideas in the video below, featuring us wearing two hats each:
As you can see, Eva is so involved in this whole podcast process, that in a way this is actually our podcast, so don’t get confused when you hear me saying “we” in the video. Although she is my go to person for brainstorming, idea proofing and content reviews, I am the one who’ll be doing the podcast and I already have some more details figured out:
- In case I haven’t mentioned that before, it’s going to be an audio podcast, because videos are too stressful and podcasts are usually audio only anyway.
- I’m planning to have both interviews with interesting people about their work and projects, and solo episodes with social commentary, discussions etc. If you would like to have an interview episode, you’re welcome to contact me and we can arrange something!
- All of the episodes are going to be 30 minutes or less, because ain’t nobody got time for longer episodes! Also, I don’t think anyone would listen to me ramble on for longer than that. 🙂
- As I said in the first post, I’ll be launching the podcast in November and I’m also going to start a Patreon account for those of you who might want to support my work. I don’t have an exact launch date yet, but I’m planning to launch with 1 intro episode and 4 proper ones. Since I need to do something in terms of bonus content for my Patreon, I’ll be giving my patrons early access to my podcast episodes, so I’ll be launching with 3 episodes available here on my blog and on the podcast apps for free and 2 extra ones on my Patreon account.
- I’m planning to release an episode every 3 weeks or so, depending on what I decide by November, so I will be releasing one of the episodes from Patreon out here on the blog and in the podcast apps for free and adding a new one on Patreon as early access every 3 weeks or so after November.
What do you think of this plan and my new podcast name? Let me know in the comments below or on social media. 🙂 More details to come in future posts, and also more videos related to the next stages of starting a podcast: you’ll meet the person who made the music for my podcast intro thing and the artist who is going to draw me a logo image.
P.S.: You can also subscribe below to only get updates specifically related to my podcast, or subscribe to my general blog updates to get my weekly newsletter with all new posts, podcast episodes and updates.
Buy me coffee if you like my work
Everyone knows engineers and bloggers are fuelled by coffee. Since I'm both, I need double the amount! Also, website hosting isn't cheap and I don't use ads, so I appreciate your support. Just type in the amount you'd like to donate. (: